Books and Readers – The Reading Interests of Italian Jews at the
Close of the Renaissance, Ramat Gan, Bar-Ilan University Press, 1993
(awarded the Zalman Shazar Prize for outstanding research in Judaic Studies, 1993).
Social Information Science: Love, Health and the Information Society –
The Challenge of the 21st Century, Brighton, Sussex Academic Press, 1996.
3. Baruchson-Arbib, S.
La culture liveresque des Juifs d'Italie a la Fin de la Renaissance, Paris,CNRS - Institut de Recherche et D’Histoire des Textes ,2001.
(translation of part 2 of” Books and Readers” with an introduction by
Prof.Jean Pierre Rothschild)
Baruchson Arbib S. (editor)Information Science Facing Social and
Ethical Challenges", journal of Information Communication and Ethics in
Society volume 5 issue2/3(a double issue)2007 pp.51-269.
Papers –Referred Journals
1.Baruchson-Arbib, S. Five Letters by 15th century German Rabbis”. Alei Sefer, 6-7 (1979): 85-101. (Hebrew).
2.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Yishak Sulam's Professional Library, Mantua 1595”, Alei Sefer, 10 (1982) pp. 37-50 (Hebrew).
3.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Nuova bibliologia e storia del libro ebraico”, Annuario di Studi Ebraici,10, (1984) pp.17-28.
4.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “On the trade in Hebrew books between Italy and the Ottoman Empire during the 16th century”, East and Maghreb, 5, (1986) pp.53-77. (Hebrew).
5.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Distribution of books - Holy Scriptures and Classical Literature in the Libraries of Italian Renaissance Jews”. Italia, 8, (1989) pp. 87-98. (Hebrew).
6.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Money and culture - Financing Sources and Methods in the Hebrew Printing Shops in Cinquecento Italy”, La Bibliofilia - Revista di storia del libro e di bibliografia, 92, (1990) pp. 23-39.
7.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “The Investigation of Hebrew books and Bibliometrics”, Yad Lakore – Israel Journal of Library Information and Archive Science, 24, (1989) pp. 41-52. (Hebrew).
8.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “ In Search of the Lost Books of the 15th and 16th Centuries”, Alei Sefer, 16, (1990) pp. 37-57. (Hebrew).
9.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Dati statistici e storia culturale: Le biblioteche degli ebrei di Mantova (1595)”, La Rassegna Mensile di Israel, 60, (1993) pp. 95-105.
10.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Journey into the Past: Information and Libraries in Italian Jewish Society during the Renaissance”, Bulletin of the Israeli Society of Special Libraries and Information Center, 20, (1993) pp. 3-6. (Hebrew).
11.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Jewish libraries: Culture and Reading interests in 16th century Italy”, Library History, 10, (1994) pp. 19-26.
12.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “ The prices of Hebrew Printed Books in Cinquecento Italy”, La Bibliofilia - Revista di storia del libro e di bibliografia, 97, (1995) pp. 149-161.
13.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “ Hilf durch Bucher in medizinischen und sozialen einrichtungen in Israel. Gedenkschrift Dr. Med. Edith Mundt-Kranke Kinder brauchen Buche,. Munchen, Deutschen Arztinnenbundes, (1996) pp. 137-144.
14..Baruchson-Arbib, S. “ Libraries in Senior Housing in Israel: Finding of a Survey”, Information and Librarianship, 22,
(1996) pp.13-18. (Hebrew).
15.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “ The ‘Self-Help Section’ in Public Libraries - The Case of Israel”, Public Library Quarterly, 16,
(1996) pp. 41-49.
16.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Information and Supportive Literature in "Aid Organizations": The Case of Israel”, Libri, 46,
(1996) pp. 168-172.
17.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Social Information Science and the School library: Education for all”, Proceedings of the 27th International Conference of the International Association for School Librarianship, (July ,1998) pp.1-7.
18.Baruchson-Arbib, S. "The digital library at the service of the historian", Libraries and Book Collections, (ed.Yosef Kaplan&Moshe Sluhovsky), Jerusalem, Zalman Shazar, Center for Jewish History, 2006 pp.483-496.(Hebrew)
19. Baruchson-Arbib, S. "The department of information science: from an environment of printed publications to a virtual environment", Bar-Ilan university: From Concept to Enterprise, 1 (ed. Dov Swartz) Ramat Gan,Bar Ilan University Press, 2006.pp437-447. (Hebrew)
20.. Baruchson-Arbib, S. “The Book and the Bread: The Future of the Printed Book in the Information Society”, Yad-Lakore – Israel Journal of Library Information and Archive Science, 30, (1997) pp. 45-50. (Hebrew).
20a.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Books and Bread – Food for the Soul and food for the Body: The Future of the Printed book in the Information Society”, La Bibliofilia, 102, (2000) pp.299-308.
21. Baruchson-Arbib, S. “The Public library and the problem of hospital Libraries for patients”, Public Library Quarterly,
17, (1999) pp. 79-88.
22.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Social information science: A challenge of the 21st century”, Information and Librarianship,
25(1), (2000) pp. 16-26. (Hebrew).
23.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Social information science – From vision to reality”, Information and Librarianship, 25(2), (2000) pp. 23-32. (Hebrew).
24.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “The Future of bibliotherapy in school libraries – An Israeli experiment”, School Libraries
Worldwide, 6(2), (2000) pp. 102-110.
25.Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Curriculum for “social information science”: Evaluation and application”. IFLA Journal, 27(1), (2001) pp. 19-23.
26.Baruchson-Arbib, S. and Bronstein, J. (s*) “A view to the future of the library and information science profession: A delphi study,
Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 53(5), (2002) pp.397 –408.
27.Baruchson-Arbib, S. and Shor, F. (s) ”The use of electronic information sources by Israeli college students, Journal of Academic
Librarianship, 28(4), (2002) pp. 255-257.
28. Lapon Kandelshein, E (s) and Baruchson-Arbib, S “Hebrew scientific publications from 15th to 18th centuries : Social and cultural aspects”,
La Bibliofilia, 104(2), (2002) pp.167-188.
29.Bilous, Y(s). and Baruchson-Arbib, S. “Teaching information skills to elementary school students by building an electronic resource
center, Information and librarianship, 26(2), (2002) pp.22-31. (Hebrew)
30.Baruchson-Arbib, S., Bassi, N. and Mattas, P “The website of the public library: Information technology as an agent of change-case study of
"Mateh Asher" regional library , Public Library quarterly ,21(4), (2002) pp. 27-45
31.Varda Shemes,(s) V., Baruchson-Arbib, S. and Shoham, S. “Community information and the public library: information needs survey
of an urban community in Israel”, Yad La –Kore, (2003) pp. 37-55.
32.Bronstein, J(s). and Baruchson-Arbib, S. ”Information seeking behavior: Model analysis toward a user centered approach”, Meidaat:
Journal of information science and librarianship, 1, (2004) pp. 3-14. (Hebrew)
33.Rogerson, S., Baruchson-Arbib, S., Weckert, J., Dalgadno, B., Capurro, R., Murata, K. and Szejko.”Opinions on the technologically-dependent society", Information Communication and
Ethics in Society, 2, (2004) pp.15-21.
34.Baruchson-Arbib, S. and Kvity, T. (s)*
”The publication of “self-help-books” in Israel”, Public Library Quarterly, 23(2,) (2004) pp. 33-48.
35.Baruchson-Arbib, S. and Yaari, E. (s)
“Printed versus Internet plagiarism: A study of students’ perception”, International
Journal of Information Ethics, 1, (2004) pp.1-7.
“’Social information science’ – as a concept for assimilating smart Internet usage in
multi-cultural society: The case of Israel”, International Journal of Information Ethics, 2, (2004) pp.14-22.
37.Baruchson-Arbib, S. and Mendelovitz, S. (s)
”Study of library and information science students’ perception and evaluation of their
profession: A profession in transition and students as agents of change” Libri, 54(2), (2004) pp. 82-97.
38.Baruchson-Arbib, S Valerie Magidov(s)
.”Evaluation of Israeli health and medical websites :A challenge for the health consumer”, Information and Librarianship, 28, (2005) pp.5-15. (with Valerie Magidov). (Hebrew)
39.Yaari, E. (s) and Baruchson-Arbib, S.
"An analysis of students' level of knowledge regarding plagiarism acts un the academic world",
Meidaat: Journal of information science and librarianship, 2 (2006) pp. 3-16
40.Baruchson-Arbib, S., Shoham, S. and Yaari, E. (s)
"Community information needs of the urban population in Israel", Libri, 56(2), (2006) pp.83-96.
41. Baruchson-Arbib, S., Shoham, S. and Guri, O. (s)
”An exploratory study of start-up entrepreneurs usage of the Internet”, Journal of Information Science, 32(1), (2006) pp.49-62.
42.Ravid, G., Bar-Ilan, J., Rafaeli, S. and Baruchson-Arbib, S.
"Analysis of queries reaching SHIL on the Web - An information system providing citizen information", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4032, (2006) pp. 26-37.
43.Bar-Ilan, J., Shalom, N., Shoham, S., Baruchson-Arbib, S and Getz, I.
"The role of information in a lifetime process: a model of weight maintenance by women over long time periods", IR-Information Research, 11(4), (2006) pp.1-13.
44.Baruchson Arbib S. and E. Lapon Kandelshein
"The ladino press in Eretz israel:from Bak to Azeriali(1843-1923)"Machbarot to Judit: research presented for prof.Judit Dishon ,Bar Ilan university press,2013,pp351-388
45. Ravid,G. Bar-Ilan,J. Rafaeli S. and Baruchson-Arbib S
"Popularity and fundability through log analysis of search terms and queries: The case of a multilingual public service Web site" Journal of Information Science(2007) 33: 567-583
46 Bronstein, J. and Baruchson-Arbib, S. (2008)." The Application of Cost & Benefit and Least Effort Theories in Studies of Information Seeking Behavior of Humanists." Journal of Information Science, 34(2), 131-144.
47.Baruchson-Arbib, S. and Bronstein, J. "Humanists as information users in the digital age: the case of Jewish studies scholars". Journal of the American society for information science and technology, (2007) 58(14),pp. 269-268
48. Baruchson Arbib Shifra and Prebore gila(s)(2007)
"Sefer Ha-Ziquq(An Index of Forbidden Hebrew Books)-The Book's use and it's influence on Hebrew Printing" La Bibliofilia - Revista di storia del libro e di bibliografia,109(1)pp.3-31
49.Baruchson Arbib S & HorensteinV. "An Experiment to Enhance Awareness of the Power of Information: The Social Information Science Concept and Individual Empowerment in Israeli High Schools" journal of
Information Communication and Ethics in Society,5,2/3(2007)pp.79-97
50.Baruchson Arbib S.Guest editorial-" The Contribution of Information Science to the Social and Ethical Challenges of the Information Age" journal of Information Communication and Ethics in
Society volume 5 ,2/3(2007)pp. 53-58.
51. Hetz, H. Baruchson-Arbib, S. Shalom, N.and Bronstein, J." Managing public libraries in an era of change", Meidaat :Journal of information science and librarianship,6,(2010) pp.4-30. (Hebrew)
52. Ravid, G. Bar-Ilan, J. Baruchson-Arbib, S. Yaari, E. Rafaeli, S. and Weiss, N“A user survey of a site providing citizen information: Preliminary findings of shil.info” Proceedings of the Fourth Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems2010 Available at: http://aisel.aisnet.org/mcis2010/69
53. Yaari,E.Baruchson Arbib,S and Bar-Ilan,J "Information quality assessment of community generated content: A user study of Wikipedia" Journal of Information Science ,37 (5), (2011)pp.487-498
54. Bar-Ilan, J., Baruchson-Arbib, S., Rafaeli, S., Ravid, G. and Yaari, E.
“Information needs of Israelis on citizen-related information: Results of a survey”Libri 61, (4)-2011) pp.298–308
55. Finzi, S. Bronstein, J. Bar-Ilan, J. Baruchson-Arbib S., Rafaeli, S. and Ravid, G. “Volunteers acting as information providers to citizens”Aslib Proceedings , 64, (3)2012,pp 289-303
56. Yaari,E. Baruchson Arbib,S and Bar-Ilan,J. "Wikipedia: a view over an environment that changed the status of content in the 21 century"Gadish 13,(2012)pp170-184 (Hebrew)
57. Shalom,N. Baruchson Arbib,S. Bar-Ilan,J. Ravid,G.and Rafaeli,S."Informatiom center for the citizens in a library: the case of "cotar rishon" in Rishon le Zion",Meidaat :Journal of information science and librarianship,8(2012)pp 46-62(Hebrew)
58. Ravid,G. Judit Bar-Ilan S. Baruchson-Arbib, Yaari,E. Aharony,N. Rafaeli,S.and Nirit Weis "I just wanted to ask?: A comparison of user studies of the Citizens Advice Bureau (SHIL) in Israel" Journal of Librarianship and Information Science(accepted)
59. Walid, A. Baruchson-Arbib,S"Teachers and Information Technologies in a Traditional Society: The Case of al-Qasimi College"Darona( to appear in Information Communication and Ethics in Society)
60. Baruchson Arbib S. "Marvin J.Heller,The Sixteenth Century Hebrew BooK-An Abridged Thesaurus,I-II,Brill,
Leiden-boston 2004",Zion ,71(1)(2006)pp.109-111.(Hebrew)