מר יעבץ גל
Research Interests: Governmental Information, Social Media, E-Government, E-Health
- Ph.D (2014 – In Progress( Bar-Ilan University, Department of Information Science. Dissertation Title: "Government Knowledge Management and Information Behavior Processes through Social Media Platforms: The Israeli Case Study".
Advisor: Prof. Noa Aharony.
- M.A. (2010-2014) Tel Aviv University, Media and Communication Department.
"Blood Brothers Online: The Construction of Social Media Platforms for Hemophilia Organizations". Advisor: Dr. Elad Segev.
- B.A (2007-2010) The Open University of Israel, Social Sciences and Communication (cum laude).
Awards, Scholarships & Colloquia
- Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR) Doctoral Colloquium, October 2016, Humboldt University of Berlin.
- Outstanding Teaching Award (Top 100 Rector's list) Tel-Aviv University, 2014.
- Rector's award for outstanding teachers, Tel-Aviv University, 2013
- Gershom Komarov Scholarship for scholarly achievements in Communication, Department of Communication, Tel Aviv University (May 2012).
2017- Present: Lecturer, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Information Science. (Governmental Information, Course 35-444-01).
2013 – 2015: Research Assistant, The Participatory Social Marketing Program, Tel Aviv University.
2013- 2014: Teaching Assistant, Coller School of Management, Tel Aviv University.
2012- 2014: Academic Coordinator, Institute for Internet Studies, Tel Aviv University.
2011- 2015: Instructor, Department of Communication., Tel Aviv University.
Yavetz, G. (2017). Governmental information in the social network. Paper presented at INFO2017 - The 32nd annual conference & exhibition, Teldan, Tel-Aviv, May 2017.
Yavetz, G., & Segev, E. (2014). Blood Brothers Online: A Cross National Study of Social Media for Health Organizations. Paper Presented at the 18th Annual Conference of the Israeli Communication Association. Netanya Academic College.
Yavetz, G., & Segev, E. (2013). A Cross National Study of Social Media Platforms for Hemophilia Organizations. Paper Presented at the 5TH Israeli Conference for science Communication. Tel Aviv University, Israel.
Yavetz, G., & Segev, E. (2013). The Construction of Social Media Platforms for Hemophilia Patients. Paper Presented at Medicine 2.0 - the 6th World congress on Social Media, Mobile apps, and web. 2.0. London, UK.
Yavetz, G. (2012). ICTs Adoption in Hemohpilia Organizations: the case of Aleh. A Paper Presented at Metaksherim, The 9th Conference for Communication Research students. Haifa University, Israel.
- Co-Chair - "The networked authority"- full-day symposium at INFO2017 - The 32nd annual conference & exhibition, organized by Teldan, Tel-Aviv, May 2017.
- Co-Organizer - The 3th Conference for Doctoral Internet Research. Orange Institute for Internet Studies. Tel-Aviv University, March 2014.
Invited Lectures and Guest Speaker
- Social Government 2.0. Talk presented at the Interdisciplinary core courses program, Tel- Aviv university, 2016.
- Introduction to social networks. Talk presented at the interdisciplinary core courses program, Tel- Aviv university, 2015.
- Digital innovations in health promotion. Talk presented at the School of Public Health Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 2014.
- Changes in Consumption Habits: The Social Media Marketing Effect, Tel Aviv University, April 2013.
- Past, Present and Future: The Internet and the Third Age. Eshel – Association for the Elderly People of Israel, Joint Distribution Committee, December 2012.
- Hemophilia Patients in Israel. Invited Speaker at Introduction to Hematology Course. Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, October 2011.
Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIST)
Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR)
Israeli Communication Association (ISCA)
2015 - Present: Marketing Manger - IDEA Information Systems.
2013 – 2014: Digital Media Manager - EfshariBari (Israel National Program for Active and Healthy Living).
2009- 2012: Spokesperson - Aleh (Israeli Hemophilia Association).
2012-2017: Aleh (Israeli Hemophilia Association) – Elected board member of directors.
Lev-On, A & Yavetz, G. (2019). Unknown Territories The strategy of social media usage by law enforcement agencies. Proceedings of ICDS 2019: The Thirteenth International Conference on Digital Society and eGovernments, Athens, Greece (pp. 68-71).
Guttman, N., Lev, E., Segev, E., Ayecheh, S., Ziv, L., Gadamo, F., Dayan, N., Yavetz, G. (2017). I never thought I could get health information from the Internet!?: Unexpected uses of an Internet website designed to enable Ethiopian immigrants with low/no literacy skills to browse health information. New Media & Society, 146144481771293. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444817712937
Non-Peer reviewed publications
Yavetz, Gal (2012) Third person effect in Social Media marketing. Tw3: where theory meets practice.
Yavetz, Gal (2011) We work hard for the advertisers. TheMarker Magazine, November (Hebrew).