ד"ר גל יעבץ הוא מרצה במחלקה למדעי המידע וחוקר מידע ממשלתי ופוליטי, בייחוד בסביבות דיגיטליות.
Research Interests: Governmental Information, Social Media, E-Government, E-Health
Ph.D (2014 – 2020) Bar-Ilan University, Department of Information Science. Dissertation Title: "Government Knowledge Management and Information Behavior Processes through Social Media Platforms: The Israeli Case Study". Advisor: Prof. Noa Aharony.
M.A. (2010-2014) Tel Aviv University, Media and Communication Department.
Thesis Title: "Blood Brothers Online: The Construction of Social Media Platforms for Hemophilia Organizations". Advisor: Dr. Elad Segev.
- B.A (2007-2010) The Open University of Israel, Social Sciences and Communication (cum laude).
Awards, Scholarships & Grants
- Research grant from "Bar-Ilan Dangoor Centre for Personalized Medicine". Research title: "The Role and Use of Social Media Platforms for Government Information during the Covid-19 Outbreak in Israel". Researchers: Noa Aharony and Gal Yavetz. May 2020.
- Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR) Doctoral Colloquium, October 2016, Humboldt University of Berlin.
- Outstanding Teaching Award (Top 100 Rector's list) Tel-Aviv University, 2014.
- Rector's award for outstanding teachers, Tel-Aviv University, 2013
- Gershom Komarov Scholarship for scholarly achievements in Communication, Department of Communication, Tel Aviv University (May 2012).
Academic Ranks and Appointements
2021 – Present: Teacher, Department of Information Science, Bar-Ilan University.
2020- 2021: Adjunct Lecturer, Faculty of Instructional Technologies at Holon Institute of Technology.
2017- 2021: Teaching Fellow, Department of Information Science, Bar-Ilan University.
2013 – 2015: Research Assistant, The Participatory Social Marketing Program, Tel Aviv University.
2013- 2014: Teaching Assistant, Coller School of Management, Tel Aviv University.
2012- 2014: Academic Coordinator, Institute for Internet Studies, Tel Aviv University.
2011- 2015: Instructor, Department of Communication., Tel Aviv University.
Courses taught at Bar-Ilan University:
- Government information
- Marketing of information services
- Information literacy
Courses taught at Holon Institute of Technology (HIT):
- Information literacy
- Academic literacy
Courses taught at Tel-Aviv Universiy:
- The Internet: essentials, perspectives and implications
- Introduction to mass media and communications
- Information technlogies
Yavetz, G. (2021). Blurred borders or separation of powers? The standardization of Facebook in government organizations. Paper Presented at the 52nd Annual Conference of the Israeli Sociological Society. Sapir Academic College.
Yavetz, G., & Aharony, N. (2021). Government Information during COVID-19 crisis in Israel. Paper presented at the conference for Communication in Time of Corona 2021. Ariel Universiy, January 2021.
Yavetz, G. (2017). Governmental information in the social network. Paper presented at INFO2017 - The 32nd annual conference & exhibition, Teldan, Tel-Aviv, May 2017.
Yavetz, G., & Segev, E. (2014). Blood Brothers Online: A Cross National Study of Social Media for Health Organizations. Paper Presented at the 18th Annual Conference of the Israeli Communication Association. Netanya Academic College.
Yavetz, G., & Segev, E. (2013). A Cross National Study of Social Media Platforms for Hemophilia Organizations. Paper Presented at the 5TH Israeli Conference for science Communication. Tel Aviv University, Israel.
Yavetz, G., & Segev, E. (2013). The Construction of Social Media Platforms for Hemophilia Patients. Paper Presented at Medicine 2.0 - the 6th World congress on Social Media, Mobile apps, and web. 2.0. London, UK.
Yavetz, G. (2012). ICTs Adoption in Hemohpilia Organizations: the case of Aleh. A Paper Presented at Metaksherim, The 9th Conference for Communication Research students. Haifa University, Israel.
- Co-Chair - "The networked authority"- full-day symposium at INFO2017 - The 32nd annual conference & exhibition, organized by Teldan, Tel-Aviv, May 2017.
- Co-Organizer - The 3th Conference for Doctoral Internet Research. Orange Institute for Internet Studies. Tel-Aviv University, March 2014.
Invited Lectures and Guest Speaker
- Government Information in the Days of Covid-19: The Use of Social Networks at the Time of the Outbreak. Talk given at the Israel National Defense College, April 2021.
- Fake News in the age of Social Media. Talk given at the Information Science departmentcolloquia. Bar-Ilan university, 2020
- Social Government 2.0. Talk presented at the Interdisciplinary core courses program, Tel- Aviv university, 2016.
- Introduction to social networks. Talk presented at the interdisciplinary core courses program, Tel- Aviv university, 2015.
- Digital innovations in health promotion. Talk presented at the School of Public Health Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 2014.
- Changes in Consumption Habits: The Social Media Marketing Effect, Tel Aviv University, April 2013.
- Past, Present and Future: The Internet and the Third Age. Eshel – Association for the Elderly People of Israel, Joint Distribution Committee, December 2012.
- Hemophilia Patients in Israel. Invited Speaker at Introduction to Hematology Course. Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, October 2011.
Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIST)
Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR)
Israeli Communication Association (ISCA)
Israeli Sociology Society (ISS)
Other Professional Experience
2015 - 2020: Marketing Manger - IDEA Information Systems.
2013 – 2014: Digital Media Manager - EfshariBari (Israel National Program for Active and Healthy Living).
2009- 2012: Spokesperson - Aleh (Israeli Hemophilia Association).
2015 - Present: Department social media coordinator (Department of Information Science, BIU)
2012-2017: Aleh (Israeli Hemophilia Association) – Elected board member of directors.