Ph.D. Information Science, Bar-Ilan University.
LL.M- Laws, Bar Ilan University.
LL.B- Laws, The College of Management [Magna cum Laude].
B.A- Finance, The College of Management [Magna cum Laude].
Dr Yosef Solomon is a licensed Israeli lawyer (with extensive expertise in a variety of legal roles in the public, corporate, and civic sectors) and an adjunct lecturer and researcher at the Information Science department, Bar-Ilan University.
His scholarly research interests include Human information behaviour; Serendipity, information encountering and adjacent possibilities; Legal informatics, and information practices within the legal profession; Information disruptions, brilliant failures and reflective learning in liberal professionals' information work; Information studies in the arts and popular culture (Info. Humanities); and Empirical legal research on decision making under imperfect information and uncertainty. Dr Solomon has published several articles on these topics in high-standing peer-reviewed journals, and presented his work at various international conferences. He is internationally recognized for his original, thought-provoking research in the areas of legal information practices, information disruptions and ‘brilliant failures’ in liberal professionals' information work.
Dr Solomon is also a member of the Serendipity Society, CILIP and ASIS&T (where he served as the European Chapter's representative for Israel until 2021).
Main Research Topics
- Human Information Behavior
- Reflective work-based information-work and learning.
- Serendipity, Information Encountering, and Adjacent Possibilities
- Information Studies in the Arts and Popular Culture (Info. Humanities)
- Legal Informatics, and Information Practices within the Legal Profession
- Information Disruptions and Brilliant Failures in Liberal Professionals' Information Work
- Empirical Legal Research on Decision Making under Imperfect Information and Uncertainty
Membership in Professional Societies
- Israel Bar Association (IBA)
- The Serendipity Society (SerSoc) [link]
- Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T) European Chapter
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP)